[MudWalker] Re: About MudWalker

Kevin Reid kpreid
Fri Mar 5 07:40:43 PST 2004

Vladislav Prodan <universite at ukr.net> wrote:

> Dear Kevin!
> I download your program MudWalker. But me some things are not clear,
> namely:
> 1. Your client does not support MCP on some servers: mud.c7i.ru:9000
> and mud.multimedia.ru:9000.

Those servers support MCCP (MUD Client Compression Protocol), not MCP
(MUD Client Protocol, <http://www.moo.mud.org/mcp/>). MudWalker does not
currently support MCCP.

> 2. There are no examples or rules of a spelling of scripts and aliases.

Yes. I plan to include examples in the next version.

> 3. There is no support sub-aliases.

I'll think about how to add this.

> 4. To write scripts on language Lua, using Non-English language (namely
> in Russian) was not possible: ((

I will see if this limitation can be removed.

> 5. Whether it is possible to use in Keyboard Macros keys F1-F12, Cmd,
> Opt, Shift and combinations of these keys with usual?

I plan to add the ability to define macros by typing the desired key
combination directly. For now, in the Key Code field:

To use F1-F12, press Control-Q and then the key.

To the left of the ', these characters stand for these modifiers:

   @     Command
   $     Shift
   ^     Control
   ~     Option