[MudWalker] Mudwalker Feature Requests

Michael Beatty proto
Fri Sep 17 07:17:36 PDT 2004

On Sep 17, 2004, at 10:05 AM, Kevin Reid wrote:

> Eric Mathey <eric58391 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Just a few quick feature requests, it would be nice if you could
>> toggle
>> all of your triggers on/off from the "Show Triggers Palette" and if
>> double
>> clicking them would allow you to edit them. -Eric Mathey
>
> Good ideas.
>
> Hypothetically, would it be OK if instead you could edit them by
> control-clicking and getting a menu with an Edit option?

Well, that's a little different .. for instance, on a mud I played I
had a group of triggers used for training purposes.  It was very useful
to be able to toggle the triggers on or off at will (could only use
triggers for training while at the keys) - I had an alias 'prac' set up
to do this.

message( "practicing " .. arg[1] )
-- set what we prac
if arg[1] == "" then
   prac = nil
else
   prac = arg[1]
end

The triggers then would key off of what was in the 'prac' variable.
But being able to quickly toggle them on and off from a floating pane
would have been useful also.

The way rapscallion did this was with a pane that looked like so:

x trigger1
x trigger2
o trigger3
o trigger4

x and o's are check boxes filled or not, that controlled whether the
trigger was enabled.  Double clicking a trigger name would bring up the
edit dialog.
Michael Beatty | proto at beattys.us