[MudWalker] MCP not working with enCore

Kevin Reid kpreid
Wed Feb 23 11:34:25 PST 2005

On Feb 23, 2005, at 12:49, Steve Brewer wrote:

> I've been using Mudwalker for a couple of years with the Jay's House
> Core. I just set up something new using enCore and I find that MCP
> editing doesn't seem to work.  Any suggestions for how to debug this?
>
> I'm using enCore 4.0.1 and Mudwalker 0.3.1.
>
> I can see that the server sends this mcp string when you connect:
>
> #$#mcp version: 2.1 to: 2.1

You're looking at this in the link trace windows, or with a telnet
client, or with MCP disabled in MudWalker, right? It shouldn't appear
in-band in a MudWalker window.

> but when I go to edit something, the out-of-band stuff is displayed
> in-band.  e.g. I get this:
>
> #$# edit name: The Cool Grotto.description upload: @set-note-string
> #214.description
> A moist rocky canyon with walls covered with bryophytes. A little
> stream continues south.
> .
>
> Do I need to change a Mudwalker setting?  Is there a tweak I need to
> make to the moo core?

MudWalker only supports MCP 2.1.

Your example edit message appears to be some variety of pre-2.x MCP.
This is odd, since the #$#mcp message obviously claims version 2.1.

I don't know anything about enCore. I suggest checking if it has some
form of options for local editing, like @edit-options and
@client-options in JHCore.