[MudWalker] direct to channel?

Kevin Reid kpreid
Mon Mar 21 10:00:37 PST 2005

doug <emudoug at gmail.com> wrote:

> in the triggers pane, what exactly does "direct to channel" do? how
> about "make command link"?

"Direct to channel" causes the matched line to be displayed in a
separate window, named by the script in the text field to the right of
the checkbox.

For example:

  Match patterns:
    ^<.* has (dis?)connected\.>$

  [X] Direct to channel:         [ Activity             ]

would send lines like "<Jim has connected.>" to a window titled
"Activity".

You can use variables in the channel name:

  Match patterns;
    ^([^ ]) yells, "

  [X] Direct to channel:         [ Yell: $$arg[1]       ]

"Make command link" causes the text matched by the pattern to become a
hyperlink which, when clicked, sends the command in the text field to
the server.

(Currently, the script is run when the line is matched, but I am
considering changing it to be run when the link is clicked.)

For example, here's a trigger I use to make common direction names into
movement commands.

                                 [X] Ignore case
 Match patterns:
   \b((?:north|east|south|west){1,2}|up|down)(?=\b|ward)
   \b(in|out)side

  [X] Make command link:         [ go $$arg[1]          ]

(Note that there are two patterns here, on separate lines. Also, if you
copy them out of this message, make sure to remove the leading spaces or
they won't work.)