[MudWalker] math.random?

Andrew Cantino yqx5mwt02
Thu Jul 7 21:25:01 PDT 2005

Thanks for your reply, this was very helpful!

Two other question, which, if possible, will make this the best MUD
client that I have found!

 * Is it possible to access the current time (or UNIX-style time in
seconds or milliseconds past some date) in scripts?
 * Is there a way to make a timed event -- like a trigger that goes
off every 5 seconds, or something?

Thanks for your great work!

-Andrew

On 7/7/05, Kevin Reid kpreid-at-attglobal.net |mudwalker mailling
list| <...> wrote:
> On Jul 4, 2005, at 4:25, Andrew Cantino wrote:
>
> > Hello.  I can't seem to get math.random to work in any form.
> > With this code:
> >
> > a = math.random
> > message(a)
> >
> > I get errors like:
> >
> > *** -[NSConcreteValue length]: selector not recognized [self =
> > 0x4c92940]
>
> math.random is a function, so you must call it:
>
>    a = math.random()
>
> message expects a string, and a is now a number:
>
>    message(tostring(a))
>
> --
> Kevin Reid                            <http://homepage.mac.com/kpreid/>

Andrew Cantino