[MudWalker] Macros and Variables

Cicero cicero
Mon Nov 14 11:30:14 PST 2005

I understand that currently keyboard macros do not support any sort of scripting, only simple commands. I am wondering if there is any sort of work-around possible for what I am trying to do, however:

The ideal configuration would be to have a lua-language global variable set up via client-aliases, and to be able to refer to that variable when executing a single keybinding. This saves me the trouble of having to define individual keybindings for each of the separate values I wish to refer to.

However, it is not currently possible to refer to lua variables when executing keyboard macros.

Would it be possible to do this in any other way? For instance, would it be possible somehow to define a client-alias that redefines the command a keyboard macro sends to the MUD?

To make it a bit clearer, perhaps, what I wish to do is this:

(client-alias executing on "tar")
@@target = "arg[1]"

(client-keyboard-macro executing on "shift+L")
cast 'lightning bolt' $$target

Thus, you would be able to send, for instance, "tar Elf" to the MUD, and then be able to send "cast 'lightning bolt' Elf" to the MUD by hitting shift+L.

This is the only thing I need Mudwalker to do that it currently does not seem to support; if no work-arounds are possible, are there any coders out there that could fix me up with a patch that could do this?

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content
by MailScanner at orthanc.middle-earth.us, and is believed clean.