[MudWalker] New user with crash and colorset questions..

Nathaniel Bailey larzous at mac.com
Fri Aug 11 10:29:11 PDT 2006

On Friday, August 11, 2006, at 10:53AM, Kevin Reid <kpreid at mac.com> wrote:

>On Aug 9, 2006, at 12:09, Bonnie Hancock wrote:
>
>> My first question is really basic, and probably me overlooking
>> something.  The two default colorsets that come with the mud are
>> white on black and black on white.  I prefer white on black, but I
>> can't figure out how to make MW default to that instead of black on
>> white.  Is there some 'save preferences' option I'm missing?
>
>There are two different places for settings:
>
>   Menu bar > MudWalker > Settings...
>
>   These apply everywhere in MudWalker if not overridden in a
>particular document. There has been one report of these not being
>saved properly; if this is your problem please let me know.

This has a few quarks myself.  And nobody is perfect, its something I live with but here is my experience...

These settings only pertain to "new sessions".  These must be set with "no" sessions active.  Aslo, after saving the default session.. quit the program and restart it to make sure its saved.  Then go and make all your sessions...

>   Menu bar > File > Document Settings...
>
>   This applies to each connection document. These will be saved with
>each document; if you're clicking "Don't Save" when you quit
>MudWalker, then that is why they're not being saved.
>
>(There are also per-window settings, but there is no place to edit
>them directly.)

Same concept.  if you have an existing connection you don't want to go and re-do for whatever reasons.. Just edit the settings, save it manually. close the session... re-open it..  (do not quit-save, sometimes it doesn't save, so my experience from I think a prior version) I haven't had to make a new session recently.