[MudWalker] (no subject)

Kevin Reid kpreid at mac.com
Sun Sep 9 05:27:09 PDT 2007

On Sep 9, 2007, at 8:01, Trey Holliday wrote:

> fixed it.  Had it set on Lua instead of Lua in substitution.
>
> Is there an FAQ somewhere out there highlighting the aspects of Lua
> most useful to people like me, as in variable substitution, etc?

Please post in plain text, and write your replies below selective
quotations.

The substitution feature is something I wrote for MudWalker; it's
just a very simple wrapper around normal Lua syntax.

The ordinary-Lua version of my example is:

send(arg[1] .. ",\"" .. arg[2] .. "\"")

This is a series of string concatenations and the "send" function,
which is specific to MudWalker, and sketchily documented in MudWalker
Help (which doesn't mention that in this case it goes neither inward
nor outward, but rather into the substitution result).

For learning Lua, I don't have any specific recommendations; I'd just
search for "lua tutorial" and start reading.