[MudWalker] trigger scripting question

Gregory Govoni gregorygovoni at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 15:50:35 PST 2007

I am trying to set a target and then have a trigger recognize that target to perform an action only to that target.  I have used the alias window to set the target successfully, but I cannot make the trigger recognize it.

If I set up my target as bob, when bob performs a specific action, I instantly respond with a preset triggered response.  Here is an example of what I am trying to do:

>target bob
>You have set your target to bob.

>Mike fills a water skin from a fountain.
>Bob fills a water skin from a fountain.
>You steal a water skin from Bob.

Over-simplified but that is the gist of it.  I can use the arg[1] in an alias, but i need to use it in a trigger.  How can I set it up, either in an alias or in a trigger to be used by another trigger?

Thanks