[MudWalker] Mudwalker // Mac Snow Leopard // attn: Chris Patti

Chris Patti cpatti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 09:19:05 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Johnny Seale <jseale at cowboysindians.com>wrote:

> Hi Chris: just looking for more details regarding running mudwalker in the
> Snow Leopard OS...
>
> • When you say your system imploded, what are you describing specifically?
> • Would you recommend avoiding running mudwalker on the Snow Leopard until
> this is resolved?
>
> Thanks for the note!
> - Johnny

Well, first off, just because it happened to me with my system configuration
doesn't mean it will happen for you.

What I mean precisely is that after about 5-10 minutes of use, the screen
flashed blue and then hard rebooted with no warnings etc.

Searching the web I found numerous other reports of Rosetta related crashes
in Snow Leopard, while friends of mine say they have no problems (though
they're not running MW) - so I guess try it and see.  Just be sure to save
any important data before you do :)

That said I no longer have this problem because a friend built a universal
binary of MW - what a difference!

I wish I had more time these days on a Mac (My job is Windows based) I'd see
about building one myself and getting it distributed, but the last time I
tried I realized I was in over my head - it's not as simple as in the UNIX
world where you can unpack a tarball and type 'make' :)

-Chris

--
Christopher Patti - Geek At Large | GTalk: cpatti at gmail.com | AIM:
chrisfeohpatti | P: (260) 54PATTI