[phobos] Looks like more problems with the array append patches

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 17:26:51 PDT 2010

Working on it now, it's definitely a weird one.  You have to allocate 3 different memory segments, of certain sizes, and then one memory segment has to be no-pointers, where the other isn't.  Then you have to trick the array appending code into copying the no-pointers flag to a pointers-containing block, and then get the corruption to occur.  I hope I can deterministically make it happen.

Ellery's code, which uses appending all over the place, would not deterministically reproduce it (probably 1 out of 4 runs), and that was a huge piece of code.

-Steve