[phobos] std.path proof of concept

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Fri Apr 23 08:26:34 PDT 2010

On 04/23/2010 10:23 AM, Steve Schveighoffer wrote:
> I would make a suggestion that the Windows version allows forward
> slash for a dir separator as input.  "C:/foo/bar.txt" and
> "C:\\foo/bar.txt" are both valid paths on Windows.

Makes sense. On an overall note, without having much time to look into
this, I wish very strongly we strive to define OS-independent path
abstractions before defining OS-dependent ones. Once the Windows vs.
Posix breach is in, it'll only grow larger because it requires less
design to put stuff in there.