[phobos] std.path proof of concept

Ellery Newcomer ellery-newcomer at utulsa.edu
Mon Apr 26 11:10:23 PDT 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu <andrei at ...> writes:

> I looked at the design. It is very solid and elegant, but I suggest we
> save it for a different opportunity. Scenarios in which code running on
> a platform yet needs extensive functionality for the other are a tad
> tenuous.

Part of the point of the path manipulation routines in dmdz.d was to get around
the fact that dmd/windows doesn't have posix path manipulation. Another part was
to convert from one to the other. I don't think such scenarios are tenuous at
all. As far as abstractions are concerned, though, no idea.

ps Lars, what do you think of my path2list (splits a path into an array [range?]
of the path elements) and its inverse? It looks like it could be implemented
very cleanly in your rewrite.