[phobos] std.path proof of concept

Ellery Newcomer ellery-newcomer at utulsa.edu
Mon Apr 26 15:15:34 PDT 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu <andrei at ...> writes:

> I suggest we go with lazy ranges throughout. No memory allocation unless
> the user asks for it by calling std.array.array(range).  For example,
> splitter() vs. split() was a huge accelerator in virtually all my text
> processing programs.
>
> Andrei

Fine by me as long as it gets in.

Iḿ a bit curious, though. path2list currently returns an array of slices into
the original path. I have a hard time imagining memory allocation this way would
be much higher than as a range (unless the original path is also a lazy range).

Next week finals will be over. Iĺl rewrite the bugger then.