[phobos] Issue with opEquals(Object, Object)

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Tue Apr 27 14:29:04 PDT 2010

On 04/27/2010 03:11 PM, Steve Schveighoffer wrote:
> No loss there.  Transitivity is already not enforced by the current system.

Of course. One could after all return cast(bool) rand() from opEquals;
no need for an elaborate example. That doesn't mean we should espouse
breakage of transitivity. My previous message shows that the proposed
system is corrupt because it breaks transitivity by otherwise
well-intended and unwitting participants.