[phobos] New time lib

Lars Tandle Kyllingstad lars at kyllingen.net
Wed Apr 28 01:36:51 PDT 2010

> Yes, and I'd like to extend an invitation to both the authors of the
> serialization library and the time library to join Phobos. All - do I
> have your agreement?

Yes from me.  I haven't gotten around to looking at the time library
yet, but the serialisation library looks solid.

> Speaking of which: in case you're worried of too broad acceptance of
> people into Phobos, I think that's what we need to do right now. We
> finally have an email hook so anyone can take a look at what's checked
> in, and suggest changes if code is not up to snuff. Later on we can
> devise some stricter means to select people and code.
>
> By the way - does anyone know of a good "diff" utility that allows us to
> look at proposed changes and add comments to them etc.? We use one
> in-house at my employer and it's very very useful.

Sorry, I don't.  But an alternative would be to encourage creation of
new branches in SVN when adding new features, like Steve did for
std.process.

Then people can review the changes in the branch, discuss them on this
list, and if it is approved it can be merged into trunk.

-Lars