[phobos] Tango and the new time lib

Walter Bright walter at digitalmars.com
Wed Apr 28 22:19:58 PDT 2010

Years ago, the lawyers told me that "I've never looked at that source
code" is an effective defense for parallel evolution. Things get a lot
harder if one has. That's why I never look at, say, the gcc source code.

What I'd really like to see is Tango move to the Boost license as well.
This will eliminate this regrettable problem of incompatible licenses,
which is holding D back. The "two standard libraries" comes up every
single time D gets mentioned in other forums, and it's a convenient
excuse people use for not looking further at D.