[phobos] Filter horribly broken

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 07:03:24 PDT 2010

I'm receiving a rather inscrutable compile time error on the following
test program on 2.048 beta:

import std.stdio, std.algorithm, std.string;

void main() {
     auto file = filter!"a.length > 0"(
         File("foo.txt").byLine()
     );
}

Error: function std.algorithm.filter!("a.length >
0").filter!(ByLine!(char,char)).filter cannot access frame of function this

Apparently sometime between 2.047 and the beta, the Filter struct was
nested inside filter().  Can we just change this back for the next
release?  If not, I won't be able to use 2.048 w/o manually patching
Phobos on all the machines I use D on because too much of my code
depends on Filter.