[phobos] phobos commit, revision 1851

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 10:56:42 PDT 2010

Indeed, the style here shows its roots: copy/paste from a very old C
function. (I think I've written network connect code maybe twice over
the years. I just copy/paste the same thing when I need it again.)
Then I switch to a more D style near the end since that's the newer
code.

Anyway, I switched it to general Phobos style and recommitted. I even
changed my beloved tabs to your vile spaces :)

Interestingly, enforce replaced /all/ the if statements in there.

>  Phobos currently uses full bracing after if, while etc.
> I've tried to follow that but on occasion I slip.
> I'm not sure whether we should enforce such rules;
> this might be a good time to discuss that.

I'm pretty meh oh that, the braces take up a chunk of space and don't
offer much in return IMO. But, I messed up some code by adding a
second line after an if before, so I'd agree there is a small benefit.
I'm just not so sure if it outweighs the space usage.

But if that's the Phobos style, I'll use it.