[phobos] Time for updated Phobos style guide?

Simen Endsjø Haugen simen.endsjo at pandavre.com
Sun Aug 15 15:34:31 PDT 2010

  On 16.08.2010 00:04, Adam Ruppe wrote:
> Actually, that style guide in there generally looks pretty good, but
> perhaps people don't know it is there?
>
> What might be a good idea is a kind of "welcome package" to Phobos
> sent to new developers, including these links, links explaining how
> dsource svn works, and other general information.
>
> With all that stuff in one place, it'll be easier for newbies to keep
> track of it all. I just now started a page for this purpose:
>
> http://dpldocs.info/phobos-developers.html

Looking through the source, you can see what developer has written what
code.
It's better to let a source control system do that instead of the coding
style.
At many parts in the source it's easy to identify who wrote what.

It feels like a mad coincidence that this gets addressed now (just my
posts. There are probably more):
  * http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3480363/d-phobos-style-guide
  *
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/learn/D_style_guide_21098.html

It's not that it's difficult to read the source, but it's easier to read
a consistent codebase.

I'll stay out of the discussion now as I'm really new to D, phobos and
really much everything.. :|