[phobos] Proposal of StopWatch module

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 05:05:15 PDT 2010

in anticipation of what might happen...

Tango does have a StopWatch object, it looks like this (API only):

void start()
Start the timer
double stop()
Stop the timer and return elapsed duration since start()
ulong microsec()
Return elapsed time since the last start() as microseconds
static this()
Setup timing information for later use
ulong timer() [private, static]
Return the current time as an IntervalI hate to do this, but I don't want to
incur any more issues from the Tango team.  Have you looked at this tango module
before writing your StopWatch object (note the StopWatch module is separate from
the other tango modules)?

-Steve