[phobos] enforce() vs. assert() for range primitives

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 21:39:46 PDT 2010

This is only true for instantiations that aren't invoked in the std lib. Any future instantiations that match ones in the std lib will use the version compiled into Phobos. It makes for very inconsistent results. I personally think that until enforce doesn't prevent inlining it should not be used anywhere in ranges since much of the range concept's charter is for inlining performance advantages.

Sent from my iPhone