[phobos] std.stdio : ByChunk for File

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Thu Aug 26 22:14:31 PDT 2010

Regarding UnbufferedFile, I think we should sit down and analyze again
what we want to achieve. I understand it's not easy to remember the
buffering mode for a file once opened, but since File intercepts fopen()
and setvbuf(), it should be easy to add a field to File that tells
whether it uses buffering or not, and to set buffering upon opening the
file. I don't think an entire new type is justified here.

Andrei