[phobos] std.msgpack

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Thu Aug 26 22:57:15 PDT 2010

Hi again,

I think a solid serialization mechanism is vital for communicating data
across threads effectively.

MessagePack is a solid binary offering, but it doesn't offer the upper
layers needed for a complete serialization solution. As it stands, it is
a good transport mechanism. I confess, however, I wished we adopted a
more widely used binary protocol such as Thrift.

Anyway, I don't see why MessagePack could not be one of the available
transport mechanisms in a wider serialization library that has pluggable
transports.

Thoughts?

Andrei