[phobos] phobos commit, revision 1919

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 11:26:46 PDT 2010

On Friday, August 27, 2010 11:05:46 SHOO wrote:
> (2010/08/28 2:25), Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> > I agree that AutoStart should be a module-level enum.
> >
> > Andrei
>
> AutoStart is a value only for StopWatch.
> I think that naturally it should belong to StopWatch.
> You can evade it in autoStart about the long-windedness.
> Is there any strong reason?

While I do agree that it might be nice to associate it more directly with
StopWatch, putting it in the module should be clear enough. We already have it
so that everything in a module has private access to the classes and structs
within it, so modules are already somewhat coupled by their very nature. It
really doesn't cost anything to stick it directly in the module, much as it
would be ideal to have it directly associated with the struct. But then again, I
never thought that just taking a bool was a problem. I understand why Andrei
wants that sort of thing as an enum, and that's fine with me, but I don't really
find it to be all that much better, personally. Regardless, we don't want them
getting too verbose.