[phobos] Stack traces in druntime/phobos

Denis 2korden at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 23:45:39 PDT 2010

Hi, guys!

I've been told that there was some work on stack tracing is going on,
so I'd like to share some of the code that I use in ddmd to print call
stack. It can be used like this:

CallStackInfo info = new CallStackInfo();
info.dump(); // prints the call stack to stdout

It can also be used as an unhandled exception handler (there is a
helper function called CrashHandlerInit).
Windows only, but it has some extensibility potential.

It doesn't rely on anything but druntime, and should work on both 32
and 64 bits.

Most of the code is written by Jeremie Pelletier, and put into Public
Domain. Here is his original announcement (about a year old):
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/announce/Crash_handler_with_stack_trace_16815.html

I hope someone will find it useful.