[phobos] auto tester now building on x86_64

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Dec 8 03:25:51 PST 2010

On Wednesday 08 December 2010 02:54:49 Brad Roberts wrote:
> On 12/8/2010 2:44 AM, Don Clugston wrote:
> > On 8 December 2010 10:49, Brad Roberts <braddr at puremagic.com> wrote:
> >> I need to add dmd 1.x to the auto tester at some point, but it's rather
> >> low priority, even if easy.  For now, it's all 2.x, though it doesn't
> >> really say that anywhere other than the checkout logs.
> >>
> >> Starting a few minutes ago, there's now a linux x86_64 build that runs
> >> once an hour along with the rest.  It's only building right now since
> >> none of the tests pass yet, but this ought to help avoid regressions in
> >> buildability.
> >>
> >> Yay for progress,
> >> Brad
> >
> > Cool!
> >
> > A lot of the trolls claim that there has been no progress in D's
> > development model, and I know it's making some people discouraged.
> > I wonder if it's worth posting a list like this somewhere:
> >
> > Feb  2006 -- D Bugzilla created
> > Oct  2007 -- Phobos in svn
> > Feb  2008 -- source for spec released, added to svn.
> > Feb  2008 -- first Phobos commit from someone other than Walter or Andrei
> > July 2008 -- 1000 fixed DMD bugs in Bugzilla. 40 bugfixes / month.
> > Sept 2008 -- druntime in svn.
> > Mar  2009 -- dmd backend source released
> > July 2009 -- dmd svn repository created
> > Oct  2009 -- full use of dmd svn (per-bug commits)
> > Jan  2010 -- mailing lists for internals, beta, phobos. First public
> > beta. June 2010 -- dmd test suite becomes public
> > July 2010 -- complete dmd test suite in svn
> > Aug  2010 -- 2000 fixed DMD bugs in Bugzilla. 70 bugfixes / month
> > Sept 2010 -- autotester for Linux x86
> > Oct  2010 -- autotester for Windows x86
> > Nov  2010 -- first DMD commit by someone other than Walter
> > Dec  2010 -- autotester for Linux x86_64
>
> Well.. I think you just did. :)

LOL. True. But it's not in a place that very many people will see. It needs to
be posted on the site somewhere if it's going to be seen. Whether it's worth
posting on a web page or not, I don't know (particularly since many trolls will
just always be trolls), but if we actually want that sort of information to be
readily available, then a single post in the Phobos list certainly doesn't cut
it.

It is interesting to see though.