[phobos] Upping the number of bugzilla votes from 10 to 100

Jesse Phillips jesse.k.phillips at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 12:55:17 PST 2010

Considering the fact that votes are so precious and, as Brad points
out, there has been no visible priority given to them. I'd say the 19
bugs with over 5 votes should be tackled first.

http://d.puremagic.com/issues/buglist.cgi?field0-0-0=votes&query_format=advanced&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&type0-0-0=greaterthan&value0-0-0=5

Then possibly upping the count could be considered beneficial.

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu <andrei at erdani.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Following the 64-bit release we'll focus generally on fixing bugs. I am
> mulling over a good strategy for that, and I think part of it would be to
> use community input.
>
> We currently have 10 votes limit per user. This number was meaningful when D
> had few users, but now that there are more users and reporters (and bug
> reports, heh) we can start leveraging the power of statistics.
>
> To that end, I think it would help if we increased the number of votes per
> person from 10 to 100. That would help us get a smooth function of the pain
> that people are incurring for each bug.
>
> Let me know of what you think.
>

> Andrei

Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.
  - George Bernard Shaw