[phobos] Upping the number of bugzilla votes from 10 to 100

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 8 13:18:44 PST 2010

On 8 December 2010 22:01, Steve Schveighoffer <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> All upping the votes does is allow me to vote for my top 100 bugs instead of top
> 10.
>

> Every time I was about to exceed 9 votes (i.e. wanted to vote for a bug, but
> I've already voted for 9), there was inevitably a bug that I previously voted
> for that was closed.  So I haven't really even reached the 10 vote limit.  If
> you up to 100, you might as well make them unlimited.
>
> The 10-vote system scales well with more users because each user gets 10 votes.
> I'd say leave it as is.
>
> -Steve

I agree. Note that there are currently 67 voted bugs in bugzilla,
which have already been fixed.  7 of these have 5 or more votes.

http://d.puremagic.com/issues/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&votes=1&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&component=DMD&product=D

Really, I think a bigger issue is getting bugs with patches closed.
There's about 100 open bugs with patches. I don't know what fraction
of them are good patches, but it's a large number.

I would find it extremely helpful to have a bugzilla keyword
"partial_patch" to mark those bugs with patches which are incomplete,
or otherwise have problems.