[phobos] Upping the number of bugzilla votes from 10 to 100

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 8 17:44:28 PST 2010

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> On 12/8/10 4:30 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> > total open bugs: 2186
> > bugs with at least one vote: 328 (15%)
> >
> > votes  num bugs
> >    0    1858
> >    1    120
> >    2    59
> >    3    17
> >    4    6
> >    5    7
> >    6    4
> >    7    3
> >    9    1
> >   10    1
> >   12    2
> >   13    1
> >   16    2
> >   17    1
> >   19    2
> >   22    1
> >   42    1
> >
> > What sort of curve are you looking for?  What percentage of bugs with
> > votes?
>
> I'm hoping for a larger percentage of voted bugs and a smoother decay from the
> most voted bug to the least voted. Increasing the points available to each
> voter might improve both.

More data.  Looking at all votes placed (regardless of bug status):

| numvotes | numvoters |
+----------+-----------+
|        1 |        62 |
|        2 |        30 |
|        3 |        14 |
|        4 |        10 |
|        5 |         9 |
|        6 |         4 |
|        7 |         8 |
|        8 |         5 |
|        9 |        10 |
|       10 |        40 |

total numvoters: 192 (of 863 users, so 22%)

I find this data interesting.  An awful lot of people (79% of the people
who vote, or 95% of the total reporting population) aren't using all the
votes they're currently given.

There are 3145 bugs that are marked resolved or closed, 90 of which have
had at least one vote.  Break down of number of votes per bug for the
resolved bugs.

| numvotes | numbugs |
+----------+---------+
|       11 |       1 |
|        7 |       1 |
|        6 |       2 |
|        5 |       6 |
|        3 |       3 |
|        2 |      13 |
|        1 |      64 |

Anyone else have any other statistical data they'd like pulled from the
db?

I've gone ahead and increased the number of allowed votes to 100 with up
to 10 votes for each issue.  I'm tired of debating it and it's really not
that important to me.

Later,
Brad