[phobos] Upping the number of bugzilla votes from 10 to 100

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 9 07:42:03 PST 2010

On 9 December 2010 14:47, Steve Schveighoffer <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Giving people one vote per bug seems reasonable.  It's basically saying, out of
> the hundreds or thousands of bugs, these are my top 10.  Like Brad says, I think
> we should ensure we use the voting system to guide the direction of bug fixing
> before we try a new voting system.  Also, if you keep voting limited like it is
> now, bugs with a large number of votes are likely to be major points of pain
> because they affect many people.

I agree. But I think that increasing the limit to (say) 20 bugs per
person would be OK.
Not many people would use it, and the existing statistics would remain valid.

> Can we have a published list somewhere of the most voted bugs?  There used to be
> the monthly "most requested features" of D, which was horrifically out of date,
> but it reminded us every month that it was there.  A monthly post to the NG of
> the top 10 or top 20 most voted bugs would help keep people focused on the votes
> IMO.

Who do you mean by "people"? Do you mean "Walter"?

> In effect, posting to the NG is like a squeaky wheel calling for grease.

Yes. But where the hell is the grease? It's not actually created by
the squeaking, unfortunately.

The problem is that there are 70 bugs/month fixed, but >150 bugs reported/month.
(incidentally 35/month come from bearophile).