[phobos] Silent failure of std.container unittests

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Fri Jul 16 08:09:10 PDT 2010

On 07/16/2010 08:31 AM, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu, el 15 de julio a las 18:55 me escribiste:
>> Good question. expect() comes to mind.
>
> I prefer check(), and boost users will feel at home :)

Yah but with expect() Google Test users will feel at home :o).

http://code.google.com/p/googletest/wiki/GoogleTestPrimer

Anyway, I think it's reasonable to say that all other things being
equal, messing with the meaning of assert() depending on where it occurs
is a strong argument against the current stance.

Walter, again, you may want to think of pleasing the core and potential
contributors to Phobos in particular and D in general as those that
currently take the brunt of unittest usage. As one of them, I can say
that I'd much enjoy it if you kindly agreed to have assert() end the
current unittest.

Thanks,