[phobos] phobos commit, revision 1786

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 28 23:35:42 PDT 2010

On 28 July 2010 09:51, dsource.org <noreply at dsource.org> wrote:
> phobos commit, revision 1786
>

> user: andrei
>
> msg:
> Commented out failing asserts when unittesting under OSX. Don, could you please verify?
>
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/phobos/changeset/1786

These asserts pass on Windows, with the latest DMD. I confirmed that
they are actually getting run. I can't see any changes in the Phobos
source which should make them fail. The thing about the bigint code is
that it has no dependencies on anything (except core.cpuid, which also
has no dependencies). So a unittest failure there indicates something
basic is wrong.
Did these tests pass in the last release?

If so, I presume that there's an OSX-specific regression in the
compiler (presumably related to the 64-bit stuff?). The only other
thing I can think of is that maybe those particular tests weren't
being run before (eg, because of a makefile problem).

They are very mysterious tests to be failing.