[phobos] Calling abort() on unhandled exception

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 10:22:56 PDT 2010

On Friday, July 30, 2010 09:41:56 Steve Schveighoffer wrote:
> Calm down :)  I don't know anything about stack traces, I thought you could
> not know the stack trace until you unwound the stack.  If that's not true,
> then excuse my ignorance, and by all means, call abort at the point the
> exception is thrown after printing a stack trace.

You can get at the stack trace in the core dump with gdb. It's just way more of
a pain than getting it when it's printed to the console. It's actually pretty
amazing how much stuff is sitting in a core dump. Personally, I generally don't
care about having anywhere near that much info, or if I do, I'd rather be
debugging the program directly, but there is quite a lot of useful info there,
and the stack trace is definitely on the list.