[phobos] Calling abort() on unhandled exception

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Fri Jul 30 18:38:44 PDT 2010

Le 2010-07-30 à 20:42, Andrei Alexandrescu a écrit :

> It's not that I want. It's an important use of the language. You could argue that D should not attempt to attempt scripting, but I think it should. That implies an ability to write short programs that do useful things.

Scripting is an important use case, I do agree with that.

What I disagree with is that not showing the stack trace does help in some way. I don't believe exceptions will give you pertinent enough messages most of the time. Except perhaps in some trivial 10-line demos you can show in your presentations.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/