[phobos] Calling abort() on unhandled exception

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Fri Jul 30 18:27:08 PDT 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu, el 30 de julio a las 16:19 me escribiste:
> David Simcha wrote:
> >What's wrong with stack traces in short scripts?  I use D all the
> >time for short (< a few hundred lines) scripts and sometimes I use
> >Python instead when I need a library that's not easily available
> >in D or need to share my code with Python hackers.  I honestly
> >prefer Python's "always print a stack trace" to D's "make me fire
> >up a debugger" for anything over ~50 lines (the point where I
> >start to use functions instead of just writing all my code inline
> >in main()).
>
> I didn't know Python prints the stack trace on exception, so my
> previous argument just got destroyed :o).

I said that in several mails before, but it looks like you choose to
ignore them.  Not only Python, most PL do that:

Lua: http://codepad.org/l85PabyG
PHP: http://codepad.org/aYsLHAZi
Ruby: http://codepad.org/Wt3tPcvm

I think Java and C# too (to count a few compiled languages), but
I dont't have a compiler to test and codepad doesn't support them :)