[phobos] Suggestions for std.process

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 12:10:50 PST 2010

----- Original Message ----
> From: Steve Schveighoffer <schveiguy at yahoo.com>
> That sounds like a good idea.  Hm... I read the std.stream code, and I wasn't
> aware that Phobos used its own buffering layer in place of C's for everything
> but the standard handles.  That is good news!  However, you are still using FILE
> * in your code, you should get rid of that (I don't even know where the
> File.wrapFile function is).

Oh, wow, I just realized there's a std.stdio.File struct.  That needs to be changed.  Having File as a class in std.stream and as a struct in std.stdio is horrible :(

In any case, I think you want to use the std.stream File class, not the File struct.  It provides no buffering, and has the appropriate "getHandle" function that would be needed for passing to a child process.

-Steve