[phobos] Suggestions for std.process

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 12:40:32 PST 2010

Will there be an unbuffered interface to file handles?  std.stdio.File wraps a FILE* which I find substandard.  I don't think D should be relying on C buffering for D-only constructs.

I actually find the whole notion of relying on libc a little suspect, even for the standard handles.

Is there a document somewhere which lists which parts of phobos will be trimmed?  I am not very familiar with the library, and I'd like to know what parts to avoid when contributing.

-Steve