[phobos] Makefile

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Sun Mar 21 19:51:11 PDT 2010

I finally found time to rewrite the makefile. It's now short, sweet and
easy to look at and modify.

The key is to use recursive invocations of make, each focused on one
build (a given OS and a given flavor). That way dependencies are easy to
set up without duplication. It took me a while to figure out how to do
that stuff... the result is quite simple.

I actually copied Walter's description below as the documentation. The
only differences are that I changed "doc" to "html" because some day we
might have other doc formats, and also that I do not remove the
successful unittests. This is because I don't want two successive
invocations of make unittest to redo all successful unittests before it
stops at the failing one.

I've only tested the Linux build, but I'm confident that the others need
only minor adjustments, and most importantly that it's not difficult to
figure how to make those adjustments. Let me know!

Andrei