[phobos] I wrote NamedMutex for IPC

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Sun May 9 20:37:40 PDT 2010

On May 8, 2010, at 5:47 AM, SHOO wrote:

> Though I examined it a little, I think impremention of SharedCondition is difficult because there are not supports from OS.
> If there is NamedSemaphore, it may be possible. But the implementation will become the way that is not so smart even if I implement it by force.
> Isn't there good method?

I've never done it before, but on Posix I think you can use pthread_condattr_setpshared to make a condvar shared.  On Windows it would obviously be a lot more difficult--all the semaphores and such in the algorithm would have to be named.  See eg: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682438(v=VS.85).aspx