[phobos] std.complex not compiled into phobos.lib on Windows

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Tue May 11 00:27:16 PDT 2010

On 5/11/2010 12:11 AM, Lars Tandle Kyllingstad wrote:
> Based on the following D.learn thread it would appear that std.complex
> isn't compiled into phobos.lib on Windows:
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D.learn&article_id=19695
>
> I have noted that complex.d is missing from the SRCS variable defined at
> lines 97-137 of win32.mak, and I assume that's the cause of the problem.
>
> However, I am completely unable to get Phobos to compile on Windows so I
> can't know for certain whether adding it fixes the problem.  (Phobos
> won't build without druntime, and apparently I can't build druntime
> without some 'masm386' program which I don't have.)
>
> Can someone confirm that adding complex.d to SRCS fixes the issue?
>
> -Lars

The .obj file for that should be checked in as well.  It sounds like the .asm
file has a newer date than the .asm so it's trying to rebuild it.  On unix you
chould just 'touch mumble.obj' to update the date, but I've no idea how to do
something similar on windows.  One option, rm the .obj and svn update it to pull
it back from svn.

That should get you past that problem so you can complete the testing.

It does sound like the right fix though.

Later,
Brad