[phobos] phobos commit, revision 1553

Lars Tandle Kyllingstad lars at kyllingen.net
Tue May 25 07:30:33 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 07:21 -0700, Steve Schveighoffer wrote:

> [...]

May I suggest that we switch to a different revision control system?
Besides the fact that dsource uses an ancient SVN server, I've really
grown to dislike the whole concept of a centralised model for revision
control.

For personal uses I've switched to git, and I'd like to ask you to
consider the same for Phobos.  If you're not familiar with it, here's a
presentation by Linus Torvalds, who invented it:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8

I think he has some good points which also apply to Phobos. (Granted, as
is his usual style, he is very unforgiving towards people who disagree
with him.  It makes for an entertaining talk, though.)

-Lars