[phobos] phobos commit, revision 2157

Lars Tandle Kyllingstad lars at kyllingen.net
Thu Nov 11 23:27:17 PST 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 17:52 -0500, dsource.org wrote:
> phobos commit, revision 2157
>

> user: Don Clugston
>
> msg:
> D implementation of pow(), avoiding dependence on C. The big benefit is that pow() is now pure, but also improved accuracy of corner cases.
> All math functions are now @safe or @trusted, and all are pure nothrow except where implemented by C functions.
>
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/phobos/changeset/2157

This is awesome!  I have one question, though:  It seems you've made
this work primarily by replacing the call to core.stdc.math.powl() by a
call to exp2(yl2x()), but this is enclosed in a version(INLINE_YL2X)
block.  And this version only seems to be enabled on DMD.  Won't this
cause problems when GDC catches up to DMD, which (rumor has it) isn't
too far off?

-Lars