[phobos] "bus error" happens on Mac OS X

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Nov 12 00:48:33 PST 2010

You might want to have a look at the thread "Showstopper bug: Hello world fails on OSX!" and this post: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.d.phobos. I have a patch in the linked post, with that patch I don't get a bus error on Mac OS X 10.6.4 (at least not with a simple hello world), but I do get a bus error on 10.5.8 probably due to other reason.

On 12 nov 2010, at 06:03, Masahiro Nakagawa wrote:

> Any programs raised "bus error" in the trunk (My environment is Mac OS X 10.6.4).
> I checked druntime and found problematic revision.
> r413 works fine but r414 and later don't (Phobos unittest stopped at crc32 test).
>
> http://dsource.org/projects/druntime/changeset/414
>
> The cause is an access to _moduleinfo_array.
> In the above link, "m.index = i;" at line 2045 is because of this bug.
> But, but, but, r414 doesn't change the creation routine of _moduleinfo_array.
>
> It's a mystery to me... Why?
>

> Masahiro

/Jacob Carlborg