[phobos] Community shout-out?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Nov 13 23:00:58 PST 2010

On Saturday 13 November 2010 22:35:12 SHOO wrote:
> About a problem of std.xml.
>
> I do not clearly understand what of this module is a problem. Is the
> main factor lack of the maintainer? Or the design concept? Performance?
> Bugs?
>
> Please make problems clear.
>
> Otherwise the action indicator that we should take next is not decided.
> (I think that this is what I can talk to other modules, too.)

That's part of the problem too. It has been stated several times for various
modules that they need to be replaced, but it's not always made clear as to
_why_ they should be replaced. If we had a list of modules that we need
replacements for, we can give proper reasons for each of them as well. Right
now, we don't even have a clear list of modules that we're looking to replace.

Personally, I've never used std.xml, so I don't know what's wrong with it. I
know that it's been discussed from time to time, but I don't recall what the
reasons were. IIRC, it was a design problem though.