[phobos] Why ConvError and not ConvException?

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 16:43:49 PST 2010

Right.  I'm not arguing for insisting on perfect backwards
compatibility, even at the source level.  I also don't think binary
backwards compatibility is worth any effort at all yet (and it's largely
moot since Phobos is mostly templates).  I'm just saying that we don't
want to completely ignore the issue anymore.  If you're going to make
breaking changes and there's an easy way to mitigate the breakage, then
the breakages should be mitigated.  If there's no easy way to mitigate
it, then advance notice should be given.  Given that the aliases have
been included, I completely support the changes that have been made.