[phobos] phobos commit, revision 2186

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 14:52:37 PST 2010

Yeah, I checked this in even though it wasn't working on my computer.  I
was getting a couple specific failures that weren't happening to anyone
else even before this revision (still trying to figure out why).  I
figured if these changes broke anything I'd just revert them immediately.

Given both the fact that some tests fail on my computer and nowhere else
and the seeming innocuousness of the changes I made and the fact that
they broke something, I'm thinking maybe the unit tests are too strict.
For example, my changes might have changed how constant folding is done,
resulting in the least significant few bits being screwed up or
something.  Also, maybe subtleties of different hardware and/or
different operating systems and C runtimes has an effect.