[phobos] datetime review

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Oct 9 02:56:05 PDT 2010

On 9 okt 2010, at 11:22, Johannes Pfau wrote:

> On 09.10.2010 07:29, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> Really, the ideal would be to have all of it in one module but have the code
>> split up into several files. The closest way that I was aware to do that was to
>> use a single module which publicly imported the others.
> You could also use multiple files and combine those in one module using
> string mixins and import:
>
> module std.datetime;
>
> mixin(import("std/datetime_core.d"));
> mixin(import("std/datetime_duration.d"));
> mixin(import("std/datetime_interval.d"));
>
> But this also brings lots of problems. I don't know whether it produces
> one ddoc file, line information for compile errors will be useless
> (maybe the #line directive could help by using #line 1 "datetime_core.d"
> in the implementation files)
>
> --
> Johannes Pfau

I think it would be better with multiple modules and one module which publicly imports the other modules. Then in the main module one can have a version(D_Ddoc) statement containing declarations of all the classes and functions from the other modules and the corresponding documentation as well. But I guess this is something similar to the .di/implementation approach suggested by Walter.

--
/Jacob Carlborg