[phobos] Sealed Hash Tables

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 06:59:57 PDT 2010

  I've come to the realization that one of the most annoying library
level problems in D2 is lack of a good hash table implementation for
large tables.  The builtin AAs aren't bad for small to medium sized
tables, but are absolutely terrible for large tables due to the way they
manage memory.  Is anyone already working on a sealed container
implementation of hash tables?  If not, would others be interested in my
RandAA (http://dsource.org/projects/aa) after some cleanup, etc.?  I
believe that this design is extremely well suited to the sealed
container paradigm, and it interacts much better with the GC than the
builtin impl. when dealing with large arrays.