[phobos] Plans for std.json

Robert Jacques sandford at jhu.edu
Sat Oct 23 18:09:42 PDT 2010

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 20:14:14 -0400, Brian Schott <briancschott at gmail.com>
wrote:

> What are the plans for this module? The last I heard, there were plans
> for removing it or rewriting it,and nobody knew why it was included in
> Phobos in the first place.
>
> The documentation
> (http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/phobos/std_json.html) makes no mention
> of this. If this is scheduled for removal (or a rewrite), can the
> documentation please make a note of this? (Even something simple like
> the comment in std.contracts would be sufficient to warn people)

I'd also like to know the plans for this module. I've commented before
that the implementation is both buggy and non-complaint. I have an my own
JSON implementation that I've just started to clean up to Phobos quality.
I'm been holding off on cleaning it up mainly because I need it for
serialization/de-serialization and I don't want to add a naive JSON
serialization routine, just to have std.serialization(?) deprecate it.
Also, Sean commented he'd like to have a SAX style JSON parser, which is
something I don't have yet.